This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Recovery Coordinator (Support Worker) to take a person-centred approach and work within a high or medium support service, housing vulnerable adults with enduring mental health and challenging behaviours. The post holder will empower the residents and support them on their journey to independent living, whilst along the way help to make each day of their lives as fulfilling and meaningful as possible. This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours/week, based at Sydenham, which requires providing cover on shift rota basis over a combination of day, evening, and occasional weekends and sleep-in shifts.
- Undergraduate degree or vocational qualification in health and social care.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Support Worker within mental health services.
- Good knowledge of mental health-related illnesses.
- Great administration and organisation skills.
- Experience of working with caseloads of clients.
- Strong computer skills and digital dexterity.
- Experience in using Customer Relationship Management systems and databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate appropriately with people at all levels and capacities.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative to find solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Warm and friendly demeanour with a positive and open-minded attitude.
- Thirst for knowledge, strive for excellence, and a humble posture of learning.
- A genuine desire to want to make a difference and help disadvantaged individuals to have meaningful and purposeful lives.
Please contact Chantelle for more information.